On Tuesday I had my first trip to instacare. Grace was pulling the towels out of the laundry room and accidentally knocked over a frame we had leaning against the wall. The glass broke and went everywhere. As I was cleaning it up I put the glass shards into a grocery sack. I didn't realize that one shard had poked through the bag and as I knelt down to pick up more glass it gouged my knee. It started gushing blood and I think my exact words were, "Oh Crap!". I yelled to Grace to grab me a towel and limped into the bathroom. I stood in the tub to try and wash my leg off and called Ben. After the 4th phone call he picked up and told him I thought I needed stitches. He had to leave a staff meeting, but came right home. I called my friend Jenny to come sit with the kids until Ben got home and I drove myself to the Instacare.

It was a pretty good cut and I had to have 4 stitches. It hurt a lot and has a nice bruise around it now. Definitely not my funnest moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment