Ben headed off to work this morning and the rest of us decided to go to the Chinese Gardens. Here is the beautiful Pagoda you see as you enter the Gardens. I was happy to just look and keep walking. But not Grace! She started up those stairs so fast I couldn't even stop her. So up I go after her hoping that once we got to the top that would be enough.

But no, she runs around inside and starts up some more stairs! I was about ready to die after all the stairs we had walked the day before, but since Grace was carried most of the way she was ready to go. So up another 7 flights of stairs we go. Grace wanted to quit on like the 4th level, but I wasn't going to stop half way so of course she gets carried the rest of the way. Thank Goodness for Wayne who was a trooper and came up with us. I think the view down is the best. I love the spiral staircase.

After the torture of the stairs we headed over the the Turtle Museum. Yes, this is the same place I was bit, but I stayed away from the turtles this time and settled for feeding the fish. Grace just enjoyed chasing the birds.

They had a beautiful Bonsai Tree Garden with trees up to 300 years old! We then wandered through the Prosperity Garden. Grace and I had to have our picture taken with the dogs since we were both born in the Year of the Dog.

By this point I am completely exhausted. Two days of many many stairs plus carrying Grace had taken a toll on me. I was starting to have some serious pains in my pregnant belly. So Grace and I headed home for a nap and sent Wayne and KaLee off to Chinatown for some shopping. The afternoon rest was just what we needed to gear up for the Night Safari! This is one of my favorite things we've done in Singapore. The Night Safari is just the zoo at night, seeing the nocturnal animals in their elements. The use of flash photography is strictly prohibited, thus the poor pictures from my camera. All the lights are super dim, and there were so many animals awake and moving. Near the entrance they had an Owl, a baby cheetah, and a snake you could take pictures with. Grace loved being so close to the animals and was surprisingly fascinated by the Snake. She kept trying to touch it's head.

They had a fire dance done by some people from a local tribe. It was amazing!

They also had a predators of the night show, but we didn't get any good pictures from it. It was so neat to see a wolf howl at the moon, and birds fly through the air so close up. After the show we took a Tram ride around the park. It took about 45 minutes and we saw just about everything, and there were no sleeping animals like during the day. At one of the stops on the Tram was a restaurant and restrooms. Grace saw the zeebra and had to ride it.

On our way out Grace wanted to see the animals again. She tried so many times to pet this kitty but of course she couldn't. Then the cat started swinging his tail and almost hit Grace. She thought that was hilarious! and kept moving forward so he would hit her.

It was such a fun night, but a late one! We got home close to 11:00 and Grace was OUT! She didn't even wake up for her diaper change. What a fun memorable Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment