Thursday, May 1, 2008

A River Cruise and Clarke Quay

Ben took Monday afternoon off work, just for fun. So we went and had some fun! We decided to take a Cruise down the River since it's been on our list and is one of the last things to cross off. We headed over to Clark Quay where one of the boat docks is. Here's Ben and Grace patiently waiting for the boat to come.
The ride was only about 30 minutes long, but we saw all lot of the famous buildings and landmarks of Singapore. Here is a good shot of the Merlion.
Grace loved riding on the boat, even though it was loud and kind of stinky.
Our pretty girl
After the River Cruise we walked around Clarke Quay. Grace ran right up to the fountains. I could tell she was just dying to play in them so even though I didn't have a change of clothes for her we gave in this time. Thank goodness Pampers are so absorbant! The water was freezing but she had a blast running through it.Ben joined in on the fun, but he managed to stay dry.
After the water fun, and my vain attempts at trying to dry out Grace's clothes I was hungry. Ben told me I could choose. I was really in the mood for some good American Appetizers. My choices for American Food at Clarke Quay was a little limited, but there was one option- Hooters! So yes, I chose to eat at Hooters. Ben wanted me to make sure I made that perfectly clear that it was my choice. Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with it. Singapore women don't have big boobs anyway. So we had some yummy wings, fries, and Rootbeer Floats. Mmm Mmm! (I did order a salad so we had something healthy!)






1 comment:

Kurt said...

HOOTERS--YEAH!! Good choice, Alyson!! ha ha ha! I laughed so hard when I read that. You must've wanted some American appetizers really bad......