Tuesday we moved from our Hotel in Kowloon, to the Disneyland Hollywood Hotel! We were so excited for Disneyland and I'm glad we saved it for the end of our trip. We took the subway to Sunshine Station where you get off the Hong Kong MTR and take Disney's own train to the resort. I LOVED the train. I thought the Mickey Mouse windows were an awesome touch!
And the Mickey Mouse rings... Grace loved holding onto them.
And inside the train was totally plush with little statues of all the characters. It was impossible to keep Grace seated.
We made it off the train and started towards the park with all our luggage. We made it to the main entrance before we realized this was not where the hotels were and we had to backtrack to take the buses around. Grace was frustrated that she couldn't just go in. But we went and checked in and had some yummy lunch at a cafe in the hotel.
We decided that we wanted to go see the Worlds Biggest Buddah statue, and if we went to Disneyland first we would never make it. So we took this airtram ride for about 30 minutes and made it to the Big Buddah. This is a good picture of how green and hilly Hong Kong was.
It was an incredible view. We saw these stairs going up and down the hills all the way to the tiny village where the Buddah was. Beleive it or not there were a few man actually climbing them. Now that's dedication.
We made it to the village and decided to get a treat. Our favorite in Hong Kong was gelato. Mmmm!
There were a bunch of little touristy shops. I decided I needed a chinese hat to wear, but since none of the formed pointy straw hats would fit in our suitcases I opted for this beauty. It cost about a dollar and folds into fourths. Ben was right though, I haven't worn it since this day.
We visited the temple that the preists worship in. It was pretty, but under construction, I think they're making it bigger.
Grace mostly liked the cat. Don't worry I didn't let her touch it. All cats over there grossed me out. It was all that I could stand not to be grossed out about her lying on the floor.
I don't know exactly what I'm doing here, but all the buddist people were doing it. Pretty much you pour a cup full of water over the little buddah statue and say a little prayer I think.
Then up to the top to see the Buddah. Here Ben and Grace are at the very bottom.
Half way up! Can you beleive he carried her almost the whole way? What a man!
And finally at the top.
Together as a family. I'm really glad we did this. It was fun to see and now we can say we've visited the Biggest Buddah in the world. I think he's only been around since the early 90's and the place was very commercialized, so not a very spiritual experience, but fun nevertheless!
After the Buddah we headed back to Disneyland! I could hardly wait. Right as we walked into the park Grace saw Micky and Minnie and about freaked out. She LOVES Mickey! Ben didn't want to wait in the line so I convinced her we'd see them later and she was happy as soon as we went on her first ride. She was totally fearless and wanted to go again and again. We went to the Autobahn next and the employess totally freaked out and were insistent that I not ride because I was pregnant. They were afraid I was going to get bumped, but I assured them I would be fine. We went about 2 MPH around the track and didn't get bumped once thanks to Ben driving behind us!
On to Buzz Light Year. Ben got tops scores for shooting all the bad guys, but Grace had no idea what to do with her gun. I'll keep it that way as long as I can.
And we ended the night with It's a Small World. I actually really enjoyed this ride this time. Theirs is a newer version of the ride with all the Disney Cartoons incorporated into the different regions of the world.
Grace was pretty exhausted by this point, but we decided to have a little dinner and watch the fireworks. The park closes at eight, so after the fireworks we headed back to the hotel and crashed. It was a magical day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment