Wednesday was our full day at Disneyland. The Hong Kong Disneyland park is pretty small so we were able to ride every ride and see almost all the shows in a day. It was perfect for us! We started out the day with Breakfast with the Characters. This was a tiny bit dissapointing because we were expecting tons of Characters and we only got 2. The first character we met was Mulan. Grace had no idea who this was so wasn't that excited to meet her.

Here is Ben enjoying the tasty breakfast. I'm not sure what he's eating. Something Chinese I think. He had Dim Sum for breakfast, I opted for the American version and got eggs. We also got Mickey shaped waffles!

Chip and Dale came and visited us next. Grace wasn't familiar with them either, but they were more fun that Mulan.

She warmed up a bit and gave out kisses.

Since we got to be at the park early for breakfast we were also the first for many of the rides. We had to take a picture of Sleeping Beauty's castle. After this picture I set Grace down and she ran through the doors of the castle. I slowly followed when all of a sudden I hear a shriek and Grace b-lining back to me.

She had stumbled upon all 4 princesses together and didn't know what to do! I think they were a bit surprised by her too, but were very nice when we asked for a picture. I don't think this happens very often, they were supposed to be spread throughout the park already.

After meeting the Princesses Ben and Grace had to attempt to pull the sword out of the stone.
It wouldn't budge.

We rode a few rides and then caught all the characters in the Garden posing for pictures. We didn't have to wait in line so we met all of them! Grace loved Minnie and Mickey the most.




She didn't really like Eeyore.


We covered almost all the rides in the morning so we thought we'd catch the Lion King show. This was the most crowded attraction we encountered our whole time there so we almost didn't go, but I'm so glad we did. It was just like the shortened version of the broadway musical. It was so fun and we loved it!

Then Grace fell asleep in the stroller so Ben and I took advantage of some quiet time and walked through all the Disney shops. We only ended up getting a magnet and a Minnie mouse for Grace which she loves and can't sleep without. Then we got some hotdogs for lunch and watched High School Musical in the street. I am a closet High School Musical fan. I blame it on Ben working long hours in Singapore and me not having much to watch but the Disney Channel. So I was excited to see this, but it wasn't that great. Most of it was in Chinese and the performers weren't very good. Oh well, Lion King made up for it.

Then back to Adventureland for a boat ride and Tarzans Hut and we made it back to main street just in time for the parade. Grace thought that was so fun and was so excited everytime she saw a Character she knew. With Mickey and Minnie being the favorite of course. We were done with everything by 3:00 so we decided to head to the hotel for a swim.

What a fun surprise to have Goofy come swimming with us! This was a great pool that had a water slide. Grace was going down it non stop and she was only excited about Goofy after he went down the slide. This I think was so memorable becasue there were just a few families at the pool and goofy stayed and played for like 30 minutes. Where else but Disneyland do you get to swim with Goofy?

We ended our day with some yummy pizza at the Disney Cafe and watched the fireworks from our room.
1 comment:
I just love reading your blog about your time in Singapore (and Hong Kong). I am sad it is coming to an end soon (considering you have been home for a few weeks:)I am totally a closet high school musical fan and I have no excuse. Are you going to the theater for HSM3?
Post a Comment