Grace's Birthday was so much fun this year! Since my Birthday in February she would ask just about every day if it was her birthday yet, or she would go around and announce to people that she had an April Birthday. It was on the Sunday of General Conference, so it was really nice to get up and not have to worry about getting ready for church. I decorated with lots of steamers and balloons, which are essential to birthdays according to Grace. She headed straight for the presents when she woke up and was so excited!

I love how she's effectively using her feet to support the present here.

A Piggy Bank! She loves "monies"and was so excited to have a place to put them. (Which isn't her mouth. On a side story, a few Sundays ago she was playing with a penny and put it in her mouth. This isn't the first time she's done this. She seems to put everything in her mouth! Well she was just standing there when all of a sudden I look at her; she's going red and has a terrified look in her eye. I grab her and lean her forward trying to remember how to do the
Heimlich, and she swallowed it! She started crying and I took her to her room and freaked her out about how she could have died, and how it was scary when she couldn't breath. She vowed never to do it again, and she didn't for about a week. Every once in a while I still see small items going into her mouth, but she pulls them out quickly when I remind her what could happen. So that is the story of the second penny she's swallowed.)

Here's
Garett hanging out during the present opening. Isn't he just so sweet?

The special Princess Crown. This thing has made it through 3 birthdays now!

Here is the Grand Finale....

A Kitchen!!!!! (We actually bought this about a month before her birthday. Jenny and I went down to Provo and bought kitchens from a guy off of
KSL. The kids were all so excited, but when we dropped Jenny off Grace started freaking out because she wanted their Kitchen. She lost it that day and we decided to save it for her B-Day. She was very excited about it after that. It also fits perfectly in the corner of her playhouse.)

The actual Grand Finale is a playhouse that Ben built for her. Pictures to come. It wasn't totally finished by her B-Day. It took me forever to paint it!
Grace played with all of her new presents that morning and then headed up to Ben's parents after the morning session of Conference. We had a yummy dinner and Grace got tons of attention from the
Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. After the Second Session, we had Birthday Cake!

Then headed home.....Grace was pooped!

That evening Grandpa Hardy and Grandma Debbie came for a visit. Grace was astounded that she got ANOTHER present to open!

A new table and chair set for her Playhouse! She loves this thing and that Umbrella has made a nice shady spot for
Garett to play on occasion.

I love this picture of my cute family!
Grace had such a fun birthday and it was so rewarding to see her excitement and appreciation! Plus she is finally convinced that she is 3 and that's better than 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment