Another fun Legislative activity was Team Penning out in Tooelle! I have never done this before and it was a ton of fun. The basic point of the activity was to get the cow with your number into the pen. There were teams of 3 horses, and boy it is a lot harder than it looks! Here is Ben's Dad giving it a go. His team did really well the first time. They got one calf in....and then it escaped.

Usually only the legislatures participate, but Wayne signed Ben up for a round. He was pretty good on his horse. Here's an action shot of him chasing after some cows.

My only goal of the day was to get on a horse. So during "half time" we went down for some riding. Grace LOVED it! She kept telling Ben to go after the cows and they rode for a good fifteen minutes.

Then it was my turn. I got up there with a little help.... and then my horse wouldn't move! Ben said "you've got to kick it in the ribs" and I said, "I'm
kicking I'm kicking".
Apparently I wasn't kicking hard enough. After a few lessons from the local cowboys I finally got him moving, kind of. I rode around for a few minutes and then was done. So some guy held my horse so I could dismount and yep....my boot got stuck in the stirrup and I ended up flat on my back! He felt so bad he quickly helped me back up and I just laughed at myself and could see the whole family laughing along with me. Luckily they didn't get any pictures of that!

Here's
Garett hanging out. He'll have to wait until next year for his first ride on a horse, and I'm
definately going to send him with his Daddy!
3 comments:
Yea, I wouldn't put my baby on a horse with Ben either! :) I do miss all the fun family activities that come with legislature. It has been a while since we've been down for those, and team penning might be pretty entertaining! Glad you guys had fun.
I think you look like a natural. Funny story about falling, sounds like something I would do. Garrett is SO STINKING CUTE! Miss you!
I love the picture of Garrett. He's SO cute!
Post a Comment