We went up to Vancouver, WA for Thanksgiving to visit Ben's Granparents. We went for a whole week, had a wondeful time, relaxed, shopped, and played! It was a perfect Vacation. The kids struggled a little bit in the car on the way there, but Ben's mom was with us and we were grateful for her help. We got there late Saturday night and put the kids right down to bed. Sunday morning we woke up and attempted to do some Family Pictures in our Christmas outfits. This was the best we got. We went to Church and enjoyed a Sunday dinner with Ben's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Craig and their whole family.
On Tuesday we picked the perfect day to drive to the Oregon Coast. It was a beautiful drive- so green! We got to a little town on the coast and had to stop and buy some Salt Water Taffy. There was over 100 flavors and we came away with a load of Candy. Grace was so funny, if it wasn't soft she didn't want it. I told her if she sat on it for a few minutes it would soften up so we found lots of candy on her bum.... she would do it after she took it out of the wrappers. 
We had to do a little shopping. Ben mad a stop at The Man Store.

Grace loved riding the Carosel.

Garett loved seeing Santa on top of a Cherry Picker setting up the Christmas Tree!

After a yummy Seafood Lunch (for Ben) we headed out to the Beach. We LOVE the Beach!!!!!
Playing in the Sand is the best!
Collecting Seashells is fun too!
The most fun of all is running out into the freezing cold water with Daddy,
and getting all wet!
Garett kept making a run...or crawl...or I don't know what you call it... to the water too.
I love pictures at the beach, it is just so beautiful with the ocean and the sun. I love my family most of all though!
Garett LOVED the sand. He could not get enough! He crawled over to play with someone else's sand toys when we weren't looking.
Here he is sending a special shout out to the teenage guy who save our coats from being washed away by the tide. Thank you!!!
What a cute picture.
My favorite Boys in the world!
Wednesday we decided to go to the OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, I think). They had this great children's area with lots of things to explore.

Mommy and Gracie's thermal image.
Grace doing the weather.
Garett was so happy to get out of the stroller and explore.
Before I knew it Grace had dashed off to the water works area. She was soaked, socks and all, by the time she was done playing.
The boys had to have a little play time too! (Grandpa Harper, Uncle Corey & Garett)
They had a Fear Exhibit. Here they strap you in and slowly lower you until WHAM you fall back fast.
They took video of your expressions that you can watch after. I think I was trying to keep my face from not moving at all. I had to prove I was brave or something. I definatly shrieked a little in the end.
We did a little craft at the end and had such a wondeful time!
Ben has turned into the family's Official Turkey Carver. He did a great Job! (I really like his job because I can stand by him unguiltily and sneak the Turkey while he's cutting it. Ben's Grandma is a stickler about pickers.)He also took great steps in learning to walk. He would stand up and start walking before he caught his balance and would fall almost immediately. He did that over and over for about a 1/2 hour. By the time we left he would take 5-6 steps in a row. It was sooo exciting!
Grace was thrilled to have girl cousins to play with!
I enjoyed talking to all the aunts and Grandma. I sure love Ben's family! They are so much fun and could not have asked for a better family to marry into!
The day after Thanksgiving we woke up super early to hit the shopping. Grandma Harper stayed behind and slept in with the kids. Grandpa Harper, Corey, Ben and I hit the stores and came home with much more than we needed of course. We had a fun time! When we got back Grandpa Neal was setting up the Christmas tree with a little helper.

Grace had to dance around in the tree skirt for a while.
On Satureday we were able to attend the Portland Temple with most of the extended family that was there. Aunt Michelle and her girls stayed behind to watch our kids. We had a wonderful session and ate lunch in the cafeteria afterwards. We then headed to a Christmas Bazaar that was really fun! Saturday night we headed over to some cousins for games. Grace was pretty wiped out by all the fun we had, I just had to take a picture of her sleeping. It's when she's the sweetest. :)
I enjoyed talking to all the aunts and Grandma. I sure love Ben's family! They are so much fun and could not have asked for a better family to marry into!
The day after Thanksgiving we woke up super early to hit the shopping. Grandma Harper stayed behind and slept in with the kids. Grandpa Harper, Corey, Ben and I hit the stores and came home with much more than we needed of course. We had a fun time! When we got back Grandpa Neal was setting up the Christmas tree with a little helper.
Grace had to dance around in the tree skirt for a while.
On Satureday we were able to attend the Portland Temple with most of the extended family that was there. Aunt Michelle and her girls stayed behind to watch our kids. We had a wonderful session and ate lunch in the cafeteria afterwards. We then headed to a Christmas Bazaar that was really fun! Saturday night we headed over to some cousins for games. Grace was pretty wiped out by all the fun we had, I just had to take a picture of her sleeping. It's when she's the sweetest. :)We headed home Sunday and had a beautiful drive with the Sun rising over the Columbia River. What a nice week away, and the perfect way to get into the Christmas Spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment