Sunday, April 11, 2010

A few things about our wonderful Grace

Grace is so much fun! She loves to play, has an incredible imagination, and sometimes says the funniest things. Like the other day, she said her dress was "splendid!" She just cracks me up sometimes. One night we found her asleep like this:
When I tried to clean it up she got upset and told me it was her "Princess Castle" and wouldn't let me move any of it.
Another night when I was kissing her goodnight, she woke up and was trying to tell me something. Our conversation went like this, "Hey Mom, what's that word again?"
Me, "I don't know, what word?"
Grace, "The one I was thinking of."
I didn't know what to tell her, so I laid her back down and she went right back to sleep.
The love of her life is her Daddy. She cries every morning when he leaves, and has a fit if she doesn't get to say, "Peace Out" to him. (He taught her that of course.) She waits anxiously for him to come home everyday and they love to play together and snuggle when they have special movie nights. He has also taught her about Sasquatches. It just started out as something he said one time to be funny, but she asked what they were and wanted to know more. The only thing he could think of was those Jack Links "Messin' with Sasquatch" comercials. He showed her all of the videos online and now Grace things that Sasquatch is part of our family. Grace includes Sasquatch in most of her prayers and when she sings the "Family Song" it goes like this. "Oh here we are together in our family, with Mommy and Daddy and Gracie and Garett and Nala and Sasquatch....."
Speaking of prayers and how much Grace loves her Daddy, this is how a prayer went one night.
"I love my Daddy, and he is my Daddy, and my Daddy is tasty, and I love him so much, and I love to eat him up, and ha is my best friend, and my scrumples, and I love Daddy so so much!"
It fits that she loves him so much, because she is so much like him! She loves to make up words, and songs. She loves to do silly things, and sing songs on the radio with him. Most of all, she loves as much as he does.
We love you Grace and all the wonderful silly things you do!

3 comments:

Kimbria said...

That was so sweet and funny. Rob and I were reading it together and both cracking up. Love the part about Sasquatch, that's hilarious. We love Grace too!

Sylvia said...

Ha ha ha, I laughed so hard at the Sasquatch inclusion in the "Here We Are Together" song! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...could she BE anymore like Ben? That is hilarious! Her birthday dress is so stinkin cute! Is that the one you made? And I can't believe how old Garett looks with his haircut? TOO cute!!!