Friday, April 9, 2010

Nala

We have loved being dog owners for the most part, especially the kids! The kids can't get enough. Garett is always trying to tackle her, and he thinks it's hilarious to throw all of is food to her, really... all of it. I'm surprised he's gaining any weight. Grace just likes being able to boss somebody around, even if it's a dog and even if she only listens part of the time.
Ben and I, on the other hand, struggle with the mountains of poop, the hair ALL OVER the place (we finally buzzed her), and her need to play ALL of the time. Most of all, I hate that she eats everything she can; including the banana bread, a dozen cookies, raw chicken breasts, and a whole cube of butter. Yes, butter! That was 2 days ago. Today we've had issues. I won't describe them, let's just say I'm going to be getting my carpets cleaned as soon as I can. (This is the first time we've ever had an issue with her going in the house, so I'm attributing it to the cube of butter!)
She really is a sweet dog though. We love that she loves the kids, almost never barks, and sleeps in as long as we do. We also love to have her around in the evenings as we're lounging. She makes a great toe warmer for Ben in the winter and she is content to lounge around with us. She's been a great addition to the family.

No comments: