Grace and I went to Temple Square last night with the Harper Family. We went under the pretense of it being a "family tradition" so Ben's brother Jacob would have a good excuse to take his girlfriend and propose. It was actually really fun to be there and watch it happen. (we were all hiding of course). Jacob took Alyssa on a carriage ride and had the carriage driver dressed as Santa give them presents at the end. In the two little bags were ornaments to remind them of the night, and when Jacob showed Alyssa his ornament he had the ring slide down the string and then got down on one knee and proposed. There was a lot of hugging and kissing thrown in and after it happened Alyssa's family came in. She was suprised to see them, Jacob had secretly invited them. Congratulations Jacob and Alyssa! I'm excited to have another Sister-in-law!
The Happy Couple
The Happy Couple
After we wandered around temple square, stopped at the visitor center to warm up, and walked back to the car, we had some yummy donuts and Hot Cider compliments of Dad Harper.
Grandpa and Grace seeing the Lights
When we first walked into Temple Square Grace kept saying Wow, Wow... She thought the lights we pretty neat.
3 comments:
I got proposed to on Temple Square! It's the best! Congrats to them! When's the wedding? Are you guys going to be back from Singapore by then?
The wedding is in May. We're hoping to be back around that time, it's all up to Ben's work. Hopefully we'll make it!
What a fun night! Congrats to them and you look so cute in that picture! I wish I could pull of a beany that well!
Post a Comment