Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

We had such a fun Halloween! The festivities started out Tuesday night at the Ward Trunk or Treat. I didn't get any good pictures there, but Grace had so much fun and was SO excited to dress up as Sleeping Beauty! She's been talking about it all month and she couldn't wait. She got a load of candy there and had fun at the fishing pond and got her face painted like a kitty cat. She got so mad at me when I washed it off.
The Monday before Halloween we told Grace that Halloween was on Friday and we would go Trick or Treating. So everyday she would say it's Friday, it's Halloween! And then we would teach her what day it was and how many more days there were until Friday. So Halloween morning Ben must have told her it was Friday and Halloween, because the first thing I heard out of her mouth that morning was, "Happy Halloween" at the top of her lungs. Did I mention she was excited? Later that morning as we were getting dressed she decided to try on Garett's costume. I laughed and laughed. What a great way to start the day.
Ben brought these teeth home from work and Grace wanted to try them out. Honestly for a minute she reminded me of the baby from Twilight that is born with a full set of teeth and beautiful curly hair. (except Grace's hair is a little out of control here.)
So Halloween night finally came. This was a little stressful to me, Ben ended up working really late, so I had to get us all ready by myself. Grace wanted her hair done like a princess and held really still for me so I could do it. Here is our Silly Sleeping Beauty. (Sometimes it sounded like Grace was saying Sleeping Booty)
Here is a side shot of her Princess hair. She did look really cute with it all done up.
And here is the aftermath..... it looks kind of like a horse's mane, and boy was it a pain to wash and comb out!
Here is our little Bat. This is a 0-3 month costume, it barely velcroed at the top.
And our two kids together. Garett slept through most of the festivites. What a good baby!
We went over to our friends the Andrew's house for dinner and Trick or Treating. It was a lot of fun and it was great to have friends to walk around with. This is Melanie Zimmerman and her son Zack, Me and Grace, and Amy Andrew with Tyler.
The day after Halloween we went to a fun party at our neighbor's the Parkinson's. It was so fun to go all out and dress up. My mom came over and watched the kids and it was great to get out and hang out with our friends for a while. The party was so fun and we learned some great new games. We decided to be The Devil and an Angel for Halloween. (Thanks to Jenny Capell for our costumes!) Here is Ben The Devil. He did his makeup himself!
And here we are together.


When Grace found out we were going to a party without her she got so mad! She tore off all her clothes and tried to put on her Sleeping Beauty dress. She really thinks she should be invited to any party she ever hears of. Poor Girl, once Grandma showed up she was pacified a bit. Our Halloween week was so much fun....now to get rid of the candy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! (I notice your nursing boobs are back! :) Hehe.) Grace and Garett look so cute! Great job on Grace's hair. I love how excited she was!

Alyson said...

Yes, Michelle, thanks for pointing them out!

Jenny Lynes said...

That picture of Grace the Bat is the BEST! I love it! I also love the first comment on this post but I won't embarrass you further by mentioning anything more about it/them! :)

Jenny C said...

Hi...ok so it works now. Ben looks really scary! It was fun to see you today. See you Saturday!

Laura said...

thanks for inviting me to your blog! I am so glad to get caught up on your beautiful family!