Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Our great Home Teachers came by Tuesday night and gave us a great reminder of Thanksgiving. They shared Elder Bednar's talk on prayer and how his wife was challenged to give a Gratitude Prayer in a time of difficulty. It really was just a great reminder of how we need to thank our Heavenly Father for all the good things we have in life and for all the blessings the Gospel brings. I know I don't show my appreciation for all the blessing in my life, and some days I don't know how I got so lucky, or why through all my imperfections the Lord still sees fit to bless me immensely. But I truly am grateful for all that I do have and am taking the challenge and I challenge all of you to have a Gratitude Prayer and tell Heavenly Father, "Thank You!"
Things I am Grateful for-
My Husband who loves me and helps me so much!
My Grace who talks endlessly and is so much fun!
My baby Garett who loves to snuggle and smile at me!
The wonderful Job Ben has, and the amazing path his career has taken in the short 3 years since he has graduated!
The amazing experience we had living in Singapore!
A strong Healthy body and the ability to create and carry a child!
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Scriptures, Prayer, and a Living Prophet!
A beautiful house to live in!
My Car- I love it!
My friends in my neighborhood. I finally feel like this is "home" thanks to them!
My extended family- they provide so much love and support! (especially my mom and sisters!)
And the computer/Internet, how else would I keep up with so many great people? And all the other wonderful conveniences we have that generations past lived without... (can we say, toilets, grocery stores, epidurals, cell phones, etc.....!)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, isn't Life Great?!!

1 comment:

Jenny Lynes said...

AMEN! That was a great reminder! Thank you!