Monday, April 12, 2010

Grace's 4th Birthday

My baby girl is 4! She had such a fun birthday! Grandpa Hardy and Grandma Debbie began the festivities the night before when they brought Grace her presents. She got this super cool b-day card that became a castle! Grace loved it.
She also loved her book and new sandals they gave her. Thanks!


Garett had fun playing with the gift bag. Silly kid. He love to put things on his head but usually it's headbands, tiaras and cowboy hats.
The morning of her birthday she could not wait to come downstairs! She had been waiting for this day for soooo long!
She came down to a decorated room and presents!
She tore right in and was excited about her new booster seat!
She also got a new Pillowcase dress I made, and this Princess Dress-Up Game from her friend Hattie. Grace and Daddy jumped right into playing it while I made Pancakes, as requested.
After breakfast we told her we had a special surprise, but she had to go upstairs and get dressed first! We did baths and put on her new birthday dress. When she came out into the garage she was speechless! She has been wanting a "car" for so long she couldn't wait to try it out!
She's been pretty good with it, but learning to stop and back up is tricky!
After she was done driving around we picked up her cousin Elise and we headed over to Chucky Cheese's! We got lunch there and had so much fun riding the rides and playing games.
Garett is so into being a big boy! He got a big boy haircut and Ben prefers to mohawk it.
Elise brought Grace a present and she couldn't wait to open it!
I love the look on her face! Life cannot get any better!

These two are such great friends!
Chucky made an appearance after lunch. Grace gave him a quick shy hug and then bolted!
Kyle and Aly met up with us for Lunch and the boys had to have a little air hockey competition.

After Chucky Cheese's we headed over to Ben's parent's house. Grace knew she was the man of the hour and played her part well.
She got some play-do and a polly pocket from Kyle and Aly.
Some new clothes, a purse, and some jewelry from G & G Harper.
A new jacket and a Snow White cooking outfit from us.
Garett was happy to play with the discarded presents while Grace opened the next one. We're working on her gratitude after this!
Snow White has been ready to help me in the kitchen a few times since her b-day!
I made Grace a Doll Birthday Cake. I think it turned out pretty well! I don't have any cake decorating skills, but this turned out better than I expected. The one kink? The dolls legs were to long so when I tried to angle them in I split open the back of the cake. Oh well, I turned it around and frosted it back together.
Grace didn't know I was making her this cake so she didn't see it until it was time to blow out the candles!
Luckily she thought it was pretty cool!
It was a full, fun birthday! We are so glad Daddy got to spend the whole day with us! Grace- We love you and are so glad you are part of our little family! We look forward to watching you grow and learn. You are so smart, creative and funny. You are beautiful and our best friend!

2 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Happy Belated birthday Grace! Garett is such a handsome little man! I might have to keep Brenna away from him.

Tiffany said...

Wow! What a day! She is SO cute! And Garett is SO BIG! Such a cute family!