Monday, August 11, 2008

Oakcrest

One of the funnest summers of my life was spent working at an LDS girls camp called Oakcrest. It is an amazing camp and I made so many great friends that summer. We had 13-14 year olds from all over the Salt Lake Valley come up each week. I was the First Aid Specialist which basically meant I passed out medicine and comforted the homesick girls. My camp name was Owie. It was so great to be surrounded by such great people, the spirit, and have the chance to be goofy and not self concious for 3 whole months! Well, this summer Oakcrest turned 50 years old so they threw a huge Reunion for all past Oakcrest employees. My sister Heather was a counselor one summer too, so we headed up together. We stopped in Heber for some dinner and shakes at Granny's, then made it to Oakcrest in Woodland which is just south of Kamas. There were quite a few of the girls from my year that were able to come and it was so fun to see them!
Here is Vanilla, Tiki, and I and our pregnant bellies. We are all due within 2 weeks of each other.
And here is a bunch of us with a few of our kids thrown in.
(Roxy, Lashes,Vanilla, Tiki, me, Coach, Cricket, Speedy, & Cloey)
They had a wonderful program with a fun video and lots of Oakcrest treats! It was an awesome night!

No comments: