Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Olympics 8/8/08

I LOVE the Olympics! I love to watch them and no matter what event is on could sit and watch all day. So as the opening day approached I decided to throw a little Olympic Opening Ceremony Party. We invited a few of the neighbors over, learned some Olympic Trivia and had some yummy treats. I figured with all the kids we had we should do something fun for them so I made a Torch Pinata. This thing was solid, but all the kids enjoyed taking turns hitting it and they really loved the candy and prizes inside! Here's Grace taking a swing.
And Nicole doing her best to hit it.
I missed most of the artistic portion of the Opening Ceremony but it was so fun to have our friends over and talk and play with them.

3 comments:

Natalie Wright said...

Love the backyard (looks fabulous!) and love the expression on Jenny's face!

Parkinson Family said...

oh wow, lots of updates! looks like fun!

Steph T. Nate said...

Looks like you had a great time. I can't believe you only have 19 days till you have a baby. Hope all goes well. and can't wait to see the photos.