Thursday, July 9, 2009

Garett 9 months!

Garett is 9 months old as of June 22! After taking him to his Dr apt I am still in shock.
Height: 29 in (74%)
Weight: 19 lbs 10 oz (35%- WHAT?)
Head: 18 in
Seriously, what in the world? My baby is in the 35th percentile? When did that happen? He has only grown a pound in the past 3 months? I know! shocking.... After Grace I thought I was destined for all chubby babies, and Garett sure started out that way. Oh well, he's still as cute as can be!
Garett is still sleeping 12 hours through the night! :) He now has 8 teeth (I know!). I have started to slowly wean him, which basically means I am giving him 1 bottle a day and still nursing the other feedings. It will happen slowly, or more quickly depending on how he's biting. He LOVES to eat anything and prefers to feed himself though will tolerate being spoon fed. He is the happiest little guy, but is becoming quite attached to me, and his blanket. He started scooting at the end of May and is now quite quick. He is starting to pull himself up a little bit, can push back to sit, and is starting to rock back on his knees. One of these day he will decide that crawling is faster than scooting. He is the joy of my life. I love his "games" he plays with me, I love his laughter, I love how he snuggles into me, I love how he tolerates Grace's loves, I love when he thinks he's so funny, I just love everything about my adorable baby! What a blessing he is!

2 comments:

DJ and Kristin said...

What! I guess since our first ones are a little bit "larger" on the scale these second ones actually might be babies for longer!! Enjoy!!
P.S. Why do our kids end up looking just like there daddys??

Sarah said...

Wow! Garett is smaller than I thought as well! My favorite thing about him is his laugh; I can't help but think he may just be too cute not to swoon over!