Friday, July 17, 2009

The Wall

Probably the favorite 4th of July activity we did was writing on the wall. Ben's parents are redoing their front room, and they recently sheetrocked the room. We were sitting around trying to decide what to do and the next thing I know Ben and his brother Seth are writing on the wall! They were writing dumb stuff, so I told Ben if he was going to write on the wall he ought to at least tell the world how much he loved me. So he did.... a lot!
In the midst of Ben writing the rest of the family got in on the action. Here is our little family's hands.
Grace enjoyed coloring on Grandma's wall!
Here is Ben's finished product. "The Epistle of Ben" or "Ode to Alyson my love" is what he officially named it.
Click on the picture if you want to read a cheesy sample of how much my husband loves me! It was actually really cute!

The walls were covered by the time we were done playing!
What's a fun family activity without a good game or two of hangman on the wall?
Poor Grandma had to use a special primer to cover it all up and I think 2 coats of paint. Hopefully it doesn't leak through, but the memories created that day were totally worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute what he wrote about you!!! I noticed Garett got his top teeth! He looks so big now! I especially love the picture of him in the lifejacket. So cute!

Sarah said...

Dad just told me about this; so sad to have missed it! It looks like you guys had so much fun! And that is an impressive ode Ben wrote, good job Ben!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm very impressed. Ben is pretty romantic. And I need to pay more attention to your eyes!