On the 11th Ben and I decided we needed to get out and do something fun for fall, so we ended up at Hee Haw Farms. This turned out to be a great place for Grace to explore. It was supposed to snow and storm this day, but it didn't, so there weren't very many people there.
Here's Ben, I think this is a classic picture.
3 little crazies.
They had this huge slide. We all wanted to try it so Ben and Grace went up first. Grace said she wanted to go down by herself, so Ben sent her down. We didn't realize how fast you can go and the bump at the bottom. Let's just say Grace got a little thrown around and didn't like it. But she wanted to try again, so she went down riding with both Mom and Dad.
We decided to go out to dinner after the farm so we ended up at a new little restaurant by my mom's house called Spanky's. It's kind of like an old fifties diner and was pretty good. I thought it took a little while to get our food, and when it finally came I was hungry! Right as we started eating this middle age couple walks in and gets seated in the booth right behind Ben and Grace. Right off we could smell something....Ben looked up when they sat down and gave me that look... you know the one, but he didn't say anything. Right at this point Grace stands up on the Bench looks over her shoulder and then says with her nose plugged, "Something stinky!" Ben and I try to cover our laughter as we encourage her to sit down and eat. Luckily the couple didn't look upset. But just to let you imagine the smell....you could tell the lady was a heavy smoker who was trying to cover the smell by spraying on a lot of fruity perfume. It was awful and almost ruined our dinner. It's hard to enjoy a nice juicy burger when you have wafts of smokey peaches filling your nostrils instead of grilled meat. Overall we had a fun day and it was nice to get out and enjoy some beautiful fall weather!
3 comments:
It's the bear suit! Garett looks so cute in it! That picture of Ben makes me smile. Your hair looks really cute! I just chopped mine, too. Pictures to come...
great pictures! and funny story!
I died reading about your stinky eating neighbors! Nasty! Way to go Grace for straight talking! :)
Post a Comment