Can you believe 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital and had just given birth to a baby? It has gone too quickly and I've hardly taken any pictures of our little guy. So here are the stats on Garett.
At 2 weeks he is : 9 lbs 14 oz. 92% (if you do the math that is exactly 1lb 10oz over his birth weight. Can we say BIG boy? Taking after his sister! He does love to eat, every 3 hours on the dot....even at night.)
21&1/2 inches long 88%
and his head is 14&3/4. 82% (which is much bigger than Grace she was always in like the 25th%)
It has been an amazing two weeks taking care of his precious little spirit and body. He is so sweet and loves to snuggle and doesn't ever cry if his sister is to rough with him. She almost squished him several times trying to get into this position right next to him. She just had to tuck both of them in, and share her carebears.

Since all he does is mostly sleep, that's all I have pictures of.

This one was taken today at 2 weeks exactly. Look at his face filling out, and his
little arms are getting some chub. I just love to hold him and hate putting him down.

Ben went back to work today which I was a bit emotional about. I was nervous to do this all by myself, but Grace has been surprisingly wonderful today. We had to stop at the store to get diapers, (we were totally out I forgot you go through like 100 a day with a newborn!) And then I took her to his Dr appointment. I thought for sure she would freak out since she is super over protective of him and they were going to poke him and make him bleed. But she was just about perfect and I was so grateful! Then she went down perfectly for her nap and I am currently rewarding her with popcorn and a movie. She deserves it. This is the best she's been in 2 weeks! Maybe it was just the transition back to our normal routine (+baby) that helped, but I'm hoping she continues to be good.
4 comments:
Yeah! I'm glad Grace was good for you today! I'm happy Garett's healthy and that you love him so much. I wish I was there to hold him! He is just so cute!
I am glad to hear Grace is adjusting better. She is so cute, just concerned about "her Garrett". Precious. What a sweet little boy, no suprise he might be a little big right? That how we like em'
Yea! Success with Grace! I'm glad you have a great day. Listening to you talk about Garett makes me think I'm ready for second one, I hated the newborn stage, I'm glad you are enjoying it. Maybe I'll enjoy my second one more. (I hope!)
We need to play, I'll call you! (Which probably means you'll call me in about two minutes :) )
I love that picture of Grace and Garett together! She is so cute! And it totally puts into perspective how little Garett is - even though he's a big boy for his age!
Post a Comment