Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Harper Family Camping Adventure

Over Labor Day weekend Ben's family all went camping up Logan Canyon. We had 7 of the 11 siblings there and had a really fun time! Grace and I went up Thursday afternoon with Ben's Dad to help get things set up. We got up there and made a stop at the Pepperidge Farm Factory for some cookies and Goldfish and then headed up the canyon. We had a yummy dinner of Hotdogs roasted over the fire, some smore's and then off to bed. We discovered very quickly that the road was way to close and heard cars drive by ALL night. As soon as we were out of the canyon the next morning we quickly called our Spouses begging them to bring ear plugs. The next few nights of sleep were much better. (considering I was 9 months pregnant sleeping on an air mattress and having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night)
Friday we started the morning off by going to Willow Park Zoo. The kids had a fun time seeing the animals there. We were trying to get a picture of all them here, they were lined up by the bobcat's fence but wouldn't look at us. So I said, "turn around and look like a bobcat". So what does Grace do? Bend down and walk on all fours meowing like a cat. Nathan and Daniel quickly followed.
She is a pretty cute little bobcat.
Grandpa with the kids acting like a cougar this time.
I just love Grace's expression on this one.
After the Zoo and a play in the park we went to Gossner's Cheese factory and loaded up on Cheese and then headed back to camp for Nap Time. The rest of the family arrived Friday night. We just found out that Ben's brother Bryan and his wife Alyssa are pregnant! Congrats you two! Also, Sarah made the long drive from Colorado to join us for the weekend. So we had four pregnant ladies camping together. We had to get a picture.....
Alyssa (due in Jan), Karene (due in Dec), Sarah (due in Nov), and Me (Due in Sept)
We're are all having boys, except Sarah who is waiting for a surprise. So it could be 4 boys in 5 months! How fun to have cousins so close together!
Saturday morning everyone went for a nice nature hike, but me. I'm glad I didn't go because it ended up being longer and rougher than planned. I enjoyed taking a nap and reading in peace. Then that afternoon we headed into town for some shopping and Aggie Icecream.
Here's a bunch of the family playing some Games Saturday Night

Jacob(holding Aezlyn), Alyssa, Grandpa, Bryan, Alyssa, and Kirt
Sunday we went to Bryan and Alyssa's condo and took turn in their shower. Boy it felt good to get clean. We headed to church at 1:30 and then Grace and I went back to Bryan's for a nap. By the time we made it back up to camp it was pouring rain and everyone had decided to pack up Camp. So we tore our tent down, ate dinner and headed to Smithfield to stay at Jacob and Alyssa's place. We had fun out of the storm and enjoyed sleeping in a bed!
Monday morning we headed home, but we stopped by my Granparents house in Garland on the way. It was really fun to see them, we haven't seen them since Thanksgiving last year!
So all in all it was a great weekend, with lots of good food and fun.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Okay, what the heck: I won't even sit in an uncomfortable CHAIR when I'm 9 months pregnant. How the foo did you go camping and keep a smile on your face??? You're like the amazing pregnant woman, I'm serious. You're such a good sport!!

Steph T. Nate said...

Looks like you've had a great summer. can you believe how fast it goes by. You look great!

Jenny Lynes said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post! Love the pictures - especially the ones of Grace at the zoo! Definitely a cute bobcat! I'll have to teach Matthew and Nicole about bobcats - they looked like fun!