Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Asleep

Grace and I went swimming with our friend Tania this morning and then out to lunch for some yummy Thai food! (I seriously almost burnt my mouth off it was so hot, but so good!) Well, we must have worn Grace right out becaue she almost fell asleep in the taxi on the way home and then I laid her down in her bed and my Visiting Teacher came. Well I thought I had heard her up so I checked on her 15 minuted later and this is what I found.
Asleep behind the rocking chair.
Grace has been struggling with the big girl bed lately. At first she loved it and always wanted to sleep in it. Then she started getting up and playing instead of sleeping, so we would put her back in her crib if she did this. So she was 50% bed, 50% crib. Well, the past few times she's actually slept in the bed she has woken up crying and when we go in there she won't let us leave. She just wants us to lay there with her. Well, that's not a habit we want to make so I've been trying not to do that. So last night I was putting her to bed and gave her the choice big bed or crib, and she chose the crib! I was a little shocked because she always chooses the big bed even if she doesn't always end up sleeping there. So I don't know if she's become scared of the big bed or what but she slept safe and soundly in the crib. I was hoping to have her moved over to the big bed exclusively by the time we got home. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kirstine said...

Ella did the same thing for about two months. Not that that is any consolation. Maybe just normal. Kirstine Clark

Unknown said...

Will did the same type of thing. He didn't have the option of the crib though since our little girl was close to coming. But he fell asleep on the floor about half the time (nap and night time). I think he finally figured out that the bed was just more comfortable. I just figured that he'd eventually want the bed more than the floor, and he did. It takes a little bit of time, but it's worth it.