Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

I didn't take a ton of pictures this Easter but I thougth I'd share a few. Our Easter Bunny came Friday night so we woke up first thing Saturday morning to find our baskets. The Easter Bunny was really nice to Grace and made and Egg Hunt for her. She was pretty excited about the first egg and all the Candy it contained. (All our Easter Candy was courtesy of my Dad. Thanks Dad!) So after a little persuasion, and a piece of candy, we got Grace to put the egg in the basket and continue looking. That's how it went for all 7 eggs she found. I taped in on the camcorder, but since she took so long I decided not to post it. Her reactions to each egg was cute. The Easter Bunny hid Ben's and mine baskets. It was surprisingly difficult to find our baskets in such a small apartment. We both needed a clue, but I found mine first!
Here we are enjoying some chocolate M&M's for breakfast. Don't we look lovely first thing in the morning? (this is Grace's Surprise face)
Saturday night I decided to attempt dying some eggs. I wasn't sure how they would turn out since the eggs here are brown. But I bought a kit anyway and here they are. The colors are actually quite vibrant, except for the orange color-it didn't really take. So I was happy with how they turn out, they're just really hard to peel.
I made a nice Roast for dinner today. Ben's family back home was telling us about their nice Easter dinner they were going to have and I just couldn't sit here on Easter and eat stir-fry or something. So I bought a Roast (not a cheap thing here) and rolls (I would usually homemake these but I don't have yeast and there's no way I'm kneading the bread by hand) and even tried to buy Jello to make a Jello salad, but they only had cherry and orange. Yuck. So I gave up on the Jello and made a fruit salad. All in all it turned out to be a pretty lovely Easter dinner.
On this note I just would like to say how grateful I am for Easter and the meaning of it. What a glorious thing it is to know that yes, our Savior died for us, but he also rose again! He lives and wants us to be with him forever. I'm so grateful for this life and that I can try with all my might to live up to his blessing and have my family for eternity. What wonderful knowledge I am blessed with. Today in our RS lesson we talked about Elder Eyering's talk, "O Remember, Remeber". It was a good call to me that I need to think/write down/talk about all the ways the Lord blesses me everyday. Because he does in small ways show his love for me and blesses me incredibly everyday. Ben and I are going to try to share the ways we've felt the Lord in our lives that day each night as we go to bed. I think this will help us to Remember the Lord better in all things and acknowledge him and better thank him for these blessings. Anyway, today I truly do feel blessed to have the gospel and my beautiful little family, and a very supportive family back home.

4 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Happy Easter! Sounds like you guys had a great time. We are getting excited for you to come back...we will have to celebrate with a party or a girl's night out or something!

Drew said...

Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop. Sometimes it feels like you guys are not very far away. Technology is nice. Speaking of my blog feels very plain. Where did you get the cool stripy layout thingy?

Alyson said...

I followed the instruction at this website.
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/2008/02/instructions-for-blog-design.html
I'm glad you like it. I'm still not sure about it and may change the background.

Steph T. Nate said...

Hey, I didn't know you were with child! Congrats! How is it going? as good as last time? That is so exciting, I'm happy for you. Looks like you are having a great time in Singapore. Are you home yet? when do get home? I love hearing from you. and see how much your cute family has grown. Steph