Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ben's Birthday

Since Ben's birthday was in the middle of the week we couldn't do an awesome trip for him like we did for me. So he decided he wanted to go on the Singapore Flyer, a brand new HUGE Ferris Wheel that opened 2 weeks ago. It is currently the tallest in the world. Here is a picture of it from far away. (don't mind me, I know I look awful...wind and my hair don't go well together)
So after a long day of work, Ben got off a smidge early and we went for our ride. It was raining the whole time which was a bummer, but Ben thought it made it more romantic. Here's the view from the top going down.
This is our family at the top.
This is halfway down. It was a pretty amazing view. We could see our apartment from the top and on a clear day we hear you can even see into Malaysia.
How romantic can you get when you've got this to deal with.... This is Grace mad about something. She was having a blast which meant a lot of running around and screaming. It just about ruined everyone's ears in the ride so this is probably her mad about us telling her to be quiet.
After the ride we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. It was a nice dinner and we had a fun time relaxing and eating yummy food after a long day. When we got home we had birthday cake given to us by our apartment building. They even provided the candle. I'm glad they did because I forgot about making a cake, and we had to use the gas stove to light the candle.
So overall I think he had a great birthday. Happy 27th Ben!


2 comments:

Dallan said...

Happy birthday Ben. We miss you and your family back here in Lehi. We look forward to your return. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Scary ferris wheel! At least you were in an enclosed thing. When you first told me about it I thought you meant like the one at Lagoon, which scares me to death! Fun, though, glad you made Ben's birthday special.