Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cars

There are cars of all shapes and sizes here, well not all sizes. I've yet to see a large truck or a Semi. Almost all cars here are new and really nice and it is REALLY expensive to own one. A bunch of our friends have "minivans". This here is a Honda Odyssey. I know it looks more like a station wagon wannabe, but that's about as good as it gets for a large family around here.
Ben is constantly pointing out all the nice cars. There is one street by the Outback Steakhouse that consistently has 4-5 Ferrari parked there.
There are also Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborgini, Mercedes and a few other high end car dealerships close to our flat. Ben's favorite thing to spot on his way to work is this orange Lamborgini just down the street from us. Since it's so safe out side here, the owner just parks it right on the side of the street!
I've never seen so many nice cars in one city, especially not Utah. But all this car talk sure makes me miss my car! I can't wait to walk out to the garage and drive wherever I want to go, and have all my stuff already in it, and be able to load up Grace and my bags and not need to rely on strangers to help me on and off the bus.

No comments: