So after all the sickness last week, and all the TV watching I decided that we needed a major break from TV. Mostly because by Sunday afternoon I wanted to throw Grace out the window because she was being so naughty. And I was sick of her begging for Nemo (one of her new favorite words). So we turned the TV off, closed the doors and put away the remote and we haven't watched a single show since. (Well, actually Grace hasn't, Ben and I have still watched American Idol and Myth Busters).
So here are a few of the fun things we've done this week instead of Television. We painted our toenails. Grace loves doing this and doesn't even touch them until they're dry now. I found these little nail stickers at the store and thought we'd make our nails fancy. Grace loves showing off her pretty toes to Daddy.

I finally got Grace to understand the concept of "Cheese". Well, kind of. She usually tries to play with the camera instead of posing for it, but on Monday she finally got it. She kept saying "again, again" (which is another of her favorite words especially when we're reading books). So I have about 20 pictures with this same looks. "Cheese" We're not quite there yet with the smile.

We went to the Botanic Gardens with our friend Sylvia. Her kids here are Bailey and Gavin. We had so much fun just walking around and exploring the little Gazebos and statues and even saw a Frog. I poked it with a stick, but it was frozen in fear. Not even a blink!

Grace is sitting on a root of a really huge tree at the Botanic Gardens. It was a beautiful tree and I thougth it was amazing the web of roots it put out to support itself. Plus it makes a very nice bench.

My adorable husband brought me some beautiful flowers this week, just because. They are starting to open a little bit and I just love them! (I didn't take a picture with the vase becuase we don't have one. They're soaking in a little plastic pitcher I found. Don't worry they've tipped over twice already but I'm not about to spend a fortune on a glass vase)

We also went to the Chinses Gardens (see post below), went out to lunch, did a little shopping and played in indoor playground they have here. It's especially hard to stay busy when it's rainy all the time. But I think I see some sun out today and we may make it swimming. Hooray! 7 days of rain straight is not good for me (but at least I don't have snow!)
1 comment:
I need to do a TV detox, too. I feel like my brain is mush nowadays. And Logan watching way too much, too. I love the picture of your feet together, that is too cute!
Post a Comment