By a Turtle! These little guys were aggresive! We went to the Chinese Gardens today (my camera died before I could get a picture of any of the chinese buildings so at a later date..) But we made a stop at the Turtle preserve. They had about 100 aquariums full of different types of turtles, and then this little pond where you could fee the turtles. I thought this would be fun. Grace LOVES turtles, but apparantly not this close. She kept running away from them. Anyway, so here I am trying to feed them a cucumber. They latched on so hard I almost pulled one completely out of the water and the one jumped up at me and got me on my knuckle! Boy it hurt and I had to shake him off. The lady at the counter came to check on us when she heard me scream and kept saying with her little chinese accent, "I give you medicine" which is fine, but she never warned me they would bite! So I washed my hands and she poured this yellow chinese anitbacterial liquid on my finger, and two hours later it's still a bit numb. Hopefully no further harm will come from this.
Monday, March 3, 2008
I got Bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Whoa, crazy! You are doing such fun stuff over there, I'm jealous! That's a funny story about Grace! She IS a girl, so I'm not too suprised.
Hi Alyson, I love that I have your blog to look at now! (Even though I just saw you yesterday....) Call me and let's go get bitten by turtles together sometime.
Alyson...it looks like that turtle is about to bite you in the tush too...good thing it didn't. I found your blog through the link of blogs from the ward, it's fun to keep up with you while you guys are away...
Post a Comment